Following a train driver accident in the south of England, which caused a train driver to suffer a broken leg whilst climbing down from his cab onto a high ballast shoulder; 4 no. new driver walkways on the recently implemented Leamington Corridor resignalling scheme were deemed unfit for purpose in case of a repeat incident.
Network Rail commissioned APB Group Ltd to survey, design & build, 4 new walkways to lift the existing walkways at 4 signals and therefore allow final close out of the project.
APB Group Ltd provided Form A & B designs in a record period of just 3 weeks allowing 7 pre-booked possessions to be utilised to complete the installation works.
Complete the handrails, trackbonds and install the signal telephone posts.
The works included:
· Provide all H & S documentation.
· Carry out topographical surveys at the 4 sites.
· Provide Form A & Form B designs.
· Fabricate and galvanise 4 bespoke structures.
· Install 10 no. Grundomat steel cased piles at 3 of the locations (30 piles total).
· Assemble the walkways on site on top of the piled foundations.